The global coronavirus pandemic brought the travel industry to a screeching halt earlier this year. Although, domestic travel is slowly beginning to bounce back, it may take years before the travel industry resumes its pre-pandemic stride. And if the travel trends for 2021 are any indication, the way we travel may forever be altered.
- More flexibility – look for more refundable rates when booking hotels and even airfare
- Health and safety measures – expect enhanced cleaning, contactless check-in, and other guest safety measures to continue
- Last-minute bookings – now that airlines have eliminated change fees, travelers may feel comfortable booking in advance again
- Interest in alternative accommodations – cabins, cottages, and even castles saw a bump in bookings and travelers seem to be liking the non-hotel options
- Experiential travel – travelers are trying to make the most of their vacation experiences and are booking more tours and adventures